America’s kids need us. Millions of vulnerable children are losing the healthy meals they depend on as the coronavirus closes schools nationwide.
Together we can Make A Difference! But we need your help.
Here’s what we’re doing, and how you can help:
- Urging Congress to pass emergency SNAP funding for low-income families.
- Providing emergency grants to food banks and community groups.
- Diverting resources to help the hardest-hit communities.
- Making sure families know how to find meals while schools are closed.
- Continuing our work to ensure every kid gets three meals a day.
As the situation evolves, we’re tailoring our response to meet communities’ changing needs. This is what No Kid Hungry does every day, both in times of crisis and not.
Nearly 22 million children rely on the meals they receive at school. With your help, we’ll continue to remove any obstacles to get kids the food they need.
For parents, educators or community leaders, here are some additional resources for helping ensure kids get the food they need during the coronavirus outbreak.
- What Coronavirus Means for Hungry Kids: A look at what No Kid Hungry is doing during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Proactive Planning Guidance for Schools and Program Operators During the Coronavirus Outbreak: A how-to guide for educators and administrators who want to ensure their students get the food they need when schools are closed.